Transforming Parramatta – with an iconic office block
In November 2017, we were engaged by Built Corp to help complete one of the largest urban renewal projects in Australia: a new commercial space in the heart of Parramatta.
Our goals and challenges
Our objective was to deliver a solution that would protect an iconic, 34-story office building in the CBD.
Like any complex project, there were a few hurdles to overcome:
- Adapting to changes in the Australian Standard that covered main sprinkler system infrastructure design
- Creating a precinct-wide main water supply
- Developing Fire Brigade booster assembly for neighbouring buildings in Parramatta Square
- Resolving sprinkler placement and smoke detection issues in basement levels
- Catering to multiple changes to the original scope
Although we faced several challenges, we met all the targets and expectations of our client and the architects. In the end, we delivered a suited to such a monumental project.
The results? We won the fit-out contract for the NSW Council tenancy as a post-contract variation.
We also developed strong relationships with Built Corp and multiple contractors, creating the foundation for future work. Finally, we gained the trust to tender, and possibly install at more locations, which are twice the size of this project.